Growing Up To Be A Big Doctor
I've commented on more than one occasion that this transition into private practice feels like I'm growing up and becoming a Big Doctor. Let me explain. In employment, doctors are KEPT from knowing what things cost. No one wants to bother our pretty little heads with the details. If you ask questions, you get blank stares. If you ask for something that's not the status quo, the answer is "no." They discourage you from doing things that are good for patient care and satisfaction because they "don't reimburse well." This is the way of corporations and this is the reason why your doctor cannot fully help you or even be empathetic to your financial needs. Their hands are tied and they are just plain ignorant. Ownership is the way to physician maturity. We need a generation of fully matured physicians who are thinkers and not just doers if we are going to turn healthcare around in this country in an American (and not Socialist) manner. In establis...
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear from you! Leave comments or suggestions here...